West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme Apply | WB Student Credit Card Online Registration | WB SCCS Online Registration, Status check Online
The West Bengal government has launched the Student Credit Card scheme, under which education loan will be provided to the students of the state for pursuing higher education. Under this scheme, many such students of the state who are unable to pursue higher education due to their financial condition are going to get a lot of benefits. In this article, we are going to know in detail about the West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme. Here you will get all the important information related to the scheme. Such as information about the scheme’s benefits, purpose, features, eligibility, documents required, etc. will be available. Also, the students are going to know the step wise process about the process of applying for credit card. Therefore, you are requested to read this article till the last and you can ask any question related to it in the comment section.
Education is an important weapon for the progress of our country in technical, industrial, and other matters. It is only through education that development is possible for the country in every field, but unfortunately today the education system of our country has become so expensive that a poor family cannot even afford the fees of higher educational institutions to their child. Now awareness has increased in rural areas about education and now people want to give education to their child. Many poor families provide elementary education to their child but they are unable to deposit the course fees for enrollment in higher educational institutions. Now the government is starting many new schemes for the education of poor students. Recently the West Bengal government has started the credit card scheme, under which education loan will be provided to the students. Next we are going to know about it in detail.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
Student Credit Card Scheme has been launched by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. The State Cabinet meeting was held on 24th June 2021 and during the event the student credit card scheme was considered and it was decided to launch it. Under this scheme, students who want to pursue higher education will be given a loan of up to Rs 10 lakh at a very low interest rate. This loan can be availed by only those students who have completed their education up to 10th or 12th and want to continue their studies by enrolling in higher educational institutions. People who are permanent residents of West Bengal or who have been living in West Bengal for at least the last 10 years will get the benefit of this scheme.
Wb Student Credit Card Overview
|Scheme Name||West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme|
|Launched by||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance to pursue higher education.|
|Benefit||Student can get loan up to 10 Lakhs at 4% simple rate of interest per annum.|
As we have also talked about above that there are many poor students in the state who somehow get elementary education but they are not able to get higher education. Many children want to become doctors, engineers or want to improve their life by doing any other course, but if the financial condition of their family is not good then they are not able to fulfill their dream. The Government of West Bengal has started many useful schemes for the students, so that poor and rich children can get equal education in the state. Student Credit Card aims at providing low-interest loans to students so that they can pursue higher education and fulfill their dreams.
West Bengal Credit Card Yojana Launched
The Student Credit Card scheme has been launched by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on 30th June 2021. This plan was discussed a few days back during the state cabinet meeting. After this, the Chief Minister has also launched this beneficial scheme immediately. Students who want to enroll themselves in higher educational institutions can apply for the credit card scheme. Under this scheme, loan will be provided to them on annual simple interest. A student can get a maximum loan of up to Rs 10 lakh. The Student Credit Card Scheme was a part of the Chief Minister’s election manifesto, which has now been implemented by the Chief Minister. The Chief Minister has also made a tweet on this subject from his official Twitter handle, which is as follows.
I am delighted to announce that GoWB has launched the #StudentCreditCard today.— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) June 30, 2021
To make the youth of Bengal self-reliant, the Scheme shall provide a loan of up to ₹10 Lakh with an annual simple interest. (1/2)
Interest Rate under WB Credit Card Scheme
Many people would like to know the answer to this question, because after hearing about the scheme, the same question comes in the mind of a student that what will be the interest rate of the loan. Through this scheme, students can get hassle free and collateral free loans and for this they will get 4% annual interest. Reasonable subvention of interest rate will be provided by the State Government to all borrowers during the entire tenure of the loan, so as to limit the actual rate of simple interest at the borrower level to 4% p.a. 1% interest concession will be provided to the borrower on full repayment of interest during the study period. (d) the student or co-borrower, as the case may be,
Under this scheme, the student can avail the benefit till the age of 40 years. After getting the job, the student will have to repay the beneficiary within the loan period of 15 years. The repayment period for any loan including Moratorium/Repayment Holiday under this Credit Card will be fifteen (15) years. Time bound action will be taken in the process of loan sanction and disbursement. The Higher Education Department and School Education Department will notify the same after due approval of the competent authority. Under this scheme there will be one year deferment or repayment leave after completion of course or one year after getting employment, whichever is earlier.
Application & Distribution
Interested students can apply online under this scheme. To apply for this scheme, students do not have to wander here and there, for this an online portal has been started. Any interested candidate of the state can apply for SCC Scheme by visiting the portal. In case of payment of course fee and other fees related to the institute, the loan amount will be directly credited to the designated account of the institute concerned. The loan amount will be credited to the student’s bank account for purchase of computer/ laptop/ books/ stationery/ living expenses etc.
Purpose for WB Student Credit Card
Credit cards can be used to take loans under this scheme to meet the following expenses:-
- Course fees are payable to the School/ Madrasah/ College/ University / Professional Institutes like IITs, IIMs, IIESTs, ISIs, NLUs, AIIMSs, NITs, XLRI, IISCs, BITS, SPA, NID, IIFTs, ICFAI Business School etc. various competitive coaching institutes meant for different competitive examinations like Engineering/Medical/Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS, SSC etc.
- Fees required for accommodation in School/ Madrasah/ College/ University/ Institution hostel or rent/ license fees payable for living outside the hostel or fees required for living as a Paying Guest.
- Fees payable for caution deposit/ building fund / refundable deposit/ examination/ library/ laboratory fees to be supported by Institution’s bills/ receipts.
- Cost of purchasing of books/ Computer/ Lap-top/ Tablet/ equipments etc.
- Any other expense required to complete the course such as study tours, project works, thesis, etc.
- The student can incur expenditure up to 30% of the total loan sanctioned for non-institutional expenses for the whole course of study.
- Up to 20% of the total loan sanctioned can be used as living expenses for the duration of the course.
- The student availing loan under the scheme must be an Indian citizen and a resident of West Bengal for the last 10 years. Self-declaration by the student attached in the application form will be accepted. A copy of the application form is enclosed in Annexure-I.
- Students within or outside the country, schools, madrasas, colleges, universities, and other institutions like IIT, IIM, IISc, IIEST, ISI, NLU, AIIMS, NIT, XLRI, BITS, SPA, NID, IIFT, ICFAI Business School, etc. or various Study in various coaching institutes to appear in competitive exams like Engineering / Medical / Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS, SSC, etc.
- The interested students shall apply online through the web-based portal by the Department of Higher Education through the concerned School/Madrasa/College/University/Institute in which he/she is enrolled, as per the format given in Annexure-I. The portal will have a dashboard for each such student which will be accessible to the respective institutes, departments, and banks.
- The interested students should not be aged more than 40 (forty) years at the time of applying for a loan.
- The student who applied for the credit card will link preferably their AADHAR Card or the Class X registration number with the concerned portal while applying to the Higher Education Department through their respective Institution.
- The Higher Education Department will forward the applications after due examination to the Bank for sanction and issuance of Credit Card.
- The concerned Bank will sanction the applications after due examination and issue the credit card in physical form based on the recommendation given by the Department and upon complying with necessary formalities by the student/ guardian/ parent as required under RBI guidelines.
- There shall be a Nodal officer for maintaining the web-based portal at the Department, Institution, and Bank-level who shall have permission to access the student’s dashboard availing loan under this scheme.
- The student concerned needs to upload his progress report card/ statement on completion of each semester/year examinations.
Important Documents for WB SCC Scheme
- Coloured photograph of the applicant
- Coloured photograph of the co-applicant / co-borrower
- Signature of the student
- Co-borrower / Guardian’s signature
- Student’s AADHAR Card
- Student’s Class 10 Board registration certificate (if no AADHAR card)
- Guardian’s Address Proof [preferably AADHAR Card]
- Relevant page of the School/Institution brochure/document detailing the course fee/tution fee
- Admission Receipt
- Student’s PAN Card or undertaking in prescribed format (available in the portal), if no PAN.
- Guardian’s PAN Card or undertaking in prescribed format (available in the portal), if no PAN.
How to Apply for West Bengal Student Credit Card Yojana?
Eligible candidates who want to apply for this scheme can easily apply from home through online process. To apply online, we are going to tell you the step wise process below. You can easily apply for the credit card scheme by following the steps mentioned below.
- For this, first, you have to go to the official website of the Department of Higher Education Govt of West Bengal. For this, you can also visit the website by clicking on this link.
- After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you. Here you have to click on the “Student Registration” option under the top menu.
- Now the registration form will appear in front of you. In this form you have to enter all the asked information.
- Here you have to fill the name of the applicant, date of birth, gender, Aadhar Number, Present Course Details, Contact details, Password, etc.
- After filling all the information, you have to click on the “Register” button below.
- After this OTP will be received on your mobile number, you will have to verify it. After this, the registration ID will appear on the screen, note it safe.
- After verifying the OTP, you have to log in to the portal and then click on the “Apply Online” button.
- After this, the registration form will appear in front of you. In the form, you have to fill in personal details, Co-Borrower, Present Address Details, Permanent Address, Course Details, Income details, Bank Details of Student and Co-Borrower, etc.
- After this, the necessary documents like a photograph of the applicant, a photograph of co-borrower, student’s signature, co-borrower signature, student’s Aadhar card, co-borrowers address proof, admission receipt, etc. have to be uploaded.
- After filling in all the information, the preview of the application will appear in the next step. Here you have to check all the information once.
- After that, you have to fianl submit the application.
- In this way, you can apply online for student credit card scheme.
Student Login process
If you have applied online for Student Credit Card Scheme by following the above mentioned steps and you would like to check the application status in future, then you have to login to the portal for this. After logging in to the portal, you will be able to check the status of your application. Below we are telling you the step-wise process to login to the portal.
- For this, first, you have to visit the official website of the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme.
- After this, the homepage of the website will come in front of you. Here you have to click on the “Student Login” option under the top menu.
- Now the login page will appear in front of you. Here you have to enter your applicant id, password, and captcha.
- After that click on the “Login” button below.
- In this way, you will be logged in to the portal.
Process to Check Application Status for Student Credit card Scheme
If you have applied for the Student Credit Card Scheme and want to check the status of your application, then for this we are going to tell you the step-wise process below. You can check SCCS Status by following the easy steps mentioned below.
- For this, first of all, you have to go to the official website of the West Bengal Student Credit card scheme.
- On the homepage, click on the “Student Login” option in the top menu.
- After this, the login page will come in front of you. Here you have to log in by entering your login ID, password, and captcha.
- After logging in, a dashboard will appear in front of you. Here you will also see the application status. As you can see in the screenshot below that our application has been submitted to HOI.