NSIGSE Scholarship 2021| NSIGSE Scholarship 2021 Application Form| How to apply for NSIGSE Scholarship
It is very important for the girls to be educated in the society, the girls will progress further by getting education, only then our country will progress. The central government keeps bringing many schemes to promote the education of girls. The NSIGSE Scholarship is one of the biggest initiatives under which scholarship will be provided to girls. In this article, we are going to know all the information related to NSIGSE Scholarship in detail. Like, what are the eligibility and qualifications for this scholarship, how to apply for it, etc. Information we are going to know in this article. Therefore, you are requested to read this article from beginning to end.
In today’s time, girls are not less than men in any work, they are taking part in everything. To make our country developing, educating girls is very important. If the girls of the country get education, it will help a lot in the development of the country. Often, it is seen that backward caste girls are unable to study due to poor economic conditions. If somehow someone has read up to the matriculation, then they do not have money to deposit fees for further studies. The state government has started various types of scholarship schemes to promote the education of daughters.
NSIGSE Scholarship 2021: Online Application
NSIGSE Scholarship has been started by the Central Government at the national level. This scholarship is related to girls belonging to SC, ST, and OBC category of the country. Under this scheme, after the central government has passed the 8th grade examination and a fixed deposit on enrollment in the 9th grade, Rs.3000 / – is deposited in the name of the eligible unmarried girls and when the girl will pass the 10th class. And if their age is 18, then the amount will be refunded with interest. A budget of 128 crores has been kept under this scheme and an additional amount of 172 crores is also proposed.
To be a letter for benefits under this scheme, the girl should be unmarried and must be 16 years old at the time of enrollment in class 9th. The Central Government has taken this important step to promote the enrollment of girls between 14 and 18 years of age at the secondary level. Many girls study up to VIII in some way but later they do not get secondary education due to various socio-economic reasons.
National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education Details
|Scholarship Name||NSIGSE Scholarship|
|Launched by||Central Government|
|Launched for||Girl students of SC, ST, and OBC communities.|
|Benefit||Rs. 3000/- will be given|
|Beneficiary||Girl students of SC, ST, and OBC communities.|
Objective of NSIGSE
As you may be aware that the literacy rate of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes girls are very low. The girls somehow pass the 8th examination, but later are unable to continue further studies due to various socio-economic reasons. The dropout rate of first to eighth-grade girls was around 50.8% in the year 2004-2005. The dropout rate for girls from class 1 to 10 is 64%. You must have understood from this that even today, the lower class girls do not get the opportunity to get higher education. This is a combined result of several socio-economic factors, but a major contributor has no doubt over the parents’ inability to bear the cost of the girl’s education. The objective of the NSIGSE Scholarship is to provide an opportunity to the SC, ST, and OBC girls to pursue secondary education.
Amount under NSIGSE Scholarship
Only SC, ST, and OBC students can apply under this scheme. When the girls pass the eighth grade, they will be eligible for this scholarship. Under this, 3000 rupees will be deposited in the name of the eligible student under a fixed deposit in the Public Sector Bank. This amount can be obtained from the bank on the date when the girl attains the age of 18 years. Before this, withdrawals will not be allowed under any circumstances. Scholarship amount will be given only to those girl students, who must be at least 18 years of age and must have passed class 10.
Facts about NSIGSE
- NSIGSE scholarship has been started at the national level, under which students of any state of the country can apply for it.
- The benefit of this scheme is exclusively for the girl students of SC, ST, and OBC communities.
- The age of the applicant should be 16 years or less and should be unmarried.
- Students who apply for this will have to continue their studies for at least 2 years.
- The proposed scheme aims to retain girls up to class 12. The dropout rate of first to eighth grade girls was around 50.8% in the year 2004-05.
- Students passing the eighth standard can apply for the scholarship, but their benefit will be available only after passing the 10th standard.
- They must be at least 18 years of age to claim the beneficiary award.
- Benefits under the scheme can be availed with any other scholarship scheme.
- At maturity, the incentive amount along with interest is transferred directly to the bank accounts of the students after DBT mode by implementing the banks through the PFMS platform.
- Applications can be made for NSIGSE by online process.
- Beneficiary girls studying in the ninth grade are required to apply under the premetric scholarship category.
Eligibility Criteria for NSIGSE Scholarship
- Only SC, ST, and OBC students can apply for this scheme.
- Benefit of this scheme will be given to girl students coming from all states of India.
- Girls should be below 16 years of age when they join 9th grade.
- The girl must be at least 18 years of age while claiming the incentive amount under NSIGSE.
- The student’s bank account should be in a nationalized bank.
Documents required to apply:
- Student passport size photo
- Aadhar card of applicant
- Caste certificate
- 8th class pass marksheet
- Current course year fee receipt
- Bank passbook
- Mobile number
NSIGSE Scholarship Registration Process
Interested students who want to apply for this scholarship can apply online from home. For this, students can easily apply online through the website https://scholarships.gov.in/. We are telling you the complete information about it step by step below.
- For this, first you have to go to the official website of National Scholarship. For this, you can go by clicking on this link.
- On the homepage, in the top you will find ‘New User? Click on Register option.
- Some guidelines will come in front of you. After reading everyone carefully, you have to click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- In the next page you will have to enter all the information asked and submit it.
- Now OTP will be received on your mobile number, it has to be entered and verified.
- Next, you have to fill details about personal details and institute.
- Along with this, you also have to upload the related documents.
- Finally click on the ‘Final Submit’ button to submit the form.
- In this way you will be able to apply for the scholarship easily.
FAQs Related to NSIGSE
What is an NSIGSE Scholarship?
What is the purpose of this scholarship?
This will reduce the dropout rate for female students after passing eighth grade.
What amount will be provided under NGIGSE?
When the student will continue her studies and pass the 10th standard, then she will be entitled to this amount.
How to apply for this scheme?
For this, you have to go to the portal https://scholarships.gov.in/ and then students will be able to apply for this scholarship online.